By using our site without disabling cookies, you consent to our use of them.
Orange and Fennel Couscous
An entrancing pairing for our Viognier!
Orange & Fennel Couscous
- ¾ cup unsalted chicken stock
- ¾ cup uncooked couscous
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¾ cup rinsed and drained unsalted canned chickpeas
- ¾ cup thinly sliced fennel bulb
- ¾ cup orange sections
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Step 1 Bring stock to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Place couscous and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small baking dish. Pour stock over couscous; stir to combine. Cover tightly with plastic wrap; let stand 8 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Step 2 Combine olive oil, lemon juice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and crushed red pepper in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add chickpeas, fennel, orange sections, and parsley; toss. Stir in couscous.